Well, it’s that time:
Welcome to the second annual Medical Weblog Awards! These awards are designed to honor the very best in the medical blogosphere, as decided by you–the readers of these fine medical blogs.
It’s been another year filled with explosive growth, stirring debate, and excellent writing — in a number of fields. Our categories reflect this diversity. The categories for this year’s awards will be:
– Best Medical Weblog
– Best New Medical Weblog (established in 2005)
– Best Literary Medical Weblog
– Best Clinical Sciences Weblog
– Best Health Policies/Ethics Weblog
– Best Medical Technologies/Informatics Weblog
Nominations are now accepted in the comment section of this post. [Ed. Not here! Follow the link!] Nominate your favorite medical weblog, even if it’s your own. A blog can participate in more than one category.
The following timeline will be observed:
– Nominations will be accepted until Friday, December 30, 2005.
– Polls will be open from Tuesday, January 3, 2006 and will close at midnight on Sunday, January 15, 2005 (PST).
– Awards will be announced on Wednesday, January 25, 2006.
I will take this opportunity to remove myself from voting for this year. I’ve enjoyed being the Inagural winner, and the speaking tour, while exhausting, was educational and fun. I’ll be nominating blogs, and encourage you to, as well.