In the mailbag:
Envision Solutions, LLC and The Medical Blog Network Kick Off Comprehensive Study of Global Healthcare Blogging Community
The Taking the Pulse of the Healthcare Blogosphere survey will track the demographics and opinions of healthcare bloggers from around the world.
New York, NY — July 31, 2006
– Envision Solutions, LLC http://www.envisionsolutionsnow.com and The Medical Blog Network [TMBN] have launched the Taking the Pulse of the Healthcare Blogosphere survey. The study is the first systematic attempt to gather comprehensive opinion and demographic data from the global community of healthcare bloggers. Envision Solutions and TMBN expect to re-field the survey in the future.
– The healthcare blogosphere is rapidly growing in size and importance. However, little is known about the activity and opinions of large numbers of healthcare bloggers.
– The 2006 edition of the survey will run from July 31 to September 29. It is open to individuals and organizations that devote at least 30% of their blogging time to healthcare-related topics. To learn more about the survey, please go to: http://www.envisionsolutionsnow.com/survey.html
– Envision Solutions and TMBN will release the preliminary results of the survey in the late fall. The final results will be presented at Healthcare Blogging Summit 2006 http://www.healthvoices.com/conference taking place in Washington, D.C. on December 11.
– Envision Solutions and TMBN will collect and analyze data provided by a global sample of healthcare bloggers willing to take the survey. While the data is expected to provide new insights into the attitudes and behaviors of this community, we acknowledge that we may be surveying the most active bloggers and caution against applying the data to the overall healthcare blogopshere.
– Envision Solutions is a healthcare marketing communications consultancy. The Medical Blog Network is the worlds largest community of healthcare bloggers. TMBN connects bloggers, their audiences and the healthcare industry via a number of hosting and promotional services.
I took the survey, it’s not painful, and as warned it did take about 10 minutes.