1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog’s content and look? Look, yes. Content, never. I don’t write well enough to express myself eloquently, and it always seems lacking. Also, there’s a lot of self-censorship going on, and there are things I want to say and cannot until I’m retired. (The blog will get more interesting then).
2) Does your family know about your blog? Funny, that’s how I learned about “Interventions”. Yes, and they try to ignore it. Really, I try to leave them out of it, but it’s hard sometimes.
3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog? Umm, no, though I probably should be.
4) Did blogging cause positive changes in your thoughts? Less than beer, but, yes.
5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself? Uuh, no. I read about 120 blogs / news sites with RSS a day, and I’m an inveterate link-clicker. (See #2). Too much time spent in a chair staring at monitors. I hope the radiation from the screens wards off Bird Flu.
6) What does a visitor counter mean to you? I’m guessing this isn’t asking for a definition. I check it more than I should, and mostly to see if what I’m doing is connecting / getting linked (it’s not, by the way).
Do you like having one on your blog? Yes.
7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures? Oh, no, I don’t have anywhere near that kind of imagination, though I suppose Nurse bloggers look like pre-crazy Farrah Fawcett or Lee Majors while doc bloggers look a little more like Bogart and Hepburn.
8) Admit it. Do you think there is any real benefit in blogging? It keeps me from doing things dangerous or stupid, so, yes. And, I really think blogging gives me an outlet for topics I might not talk about, for better or worse.
9) Do you think that blogger’s society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events? No, the actual world is all these tubes on the internets. The rest is just some weird construct to keep everyone else happy.
10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing? All geniuses are misunderstood in their own times, and I must come to terms with it. Hehe. Yes, criticism bugs me, but then I consider how incredibly wrong they are, and just laugh it off.
11) Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them? I fear the virulently hateful and willfully stupid ideas on some of them, and find I sleep better when I don’t think about them. So, yes.
12) Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers? No, it was time for Alwin to be brought to justice. I mean, really, how many Tinderbox plugs before we realize you’re not from this planet? E.T. Immigration had to crack down, and make an example of their leader. And Richard Winters is apparently being held in a secret prison given his posting frequency.
13) What do you think will happen to your blog after you die? Smithsonian, baby! That, or an ignominious digital flushing. Either way, the world benefits. As mine is a single-author blog it’ll die with me. Hopefully not soon.
14) What song do you like to hear? Amazing Grace. I like it out of proportion to its impact on my life. No particular arrangement, I just like to listen.
What song would you like to link to on your blog? ER Nurse Rap! Oh, wait, I already link that.
That was less painful than I thought it might be. I look forward to another one in another 4 years or so.
Update: Medpundit plays!