“…We’ve got both kinds, Country and Western!”
A completely random assortment of weird/amusing things I noticed today:
- Patient’s Chief Complaint: “I want to know if I’m a virgin”.
- Record ED volume Monday, nearly vacant on Wednesday.
- Ford F-350 “King Ranch Edition” as a Domino’s pizza delivery vehicle.
- My Prius’ paint on one door has horrible overspray (found while waxing).
- The MythBusters have the best job on earth.
- Patient CC: “Bald spot on back of head”; redundantly foreheaded nurse muses “I’d be a major case, then”.
My seven in a row ends after tomorrow. Perhaps my muse will return during the break.
…is, frankly, a nice way to get me to make last night’s dinner into diamonds. It happened today.
Oh, and it wasn’t just the FBI, there was also someone from a major health insurance company, and a rep from the Office of the Inspector General. They weren’t interested in me, but a patient I’d seen. I won’t give any details as apparently it’s an ongoing investigation (I wasn’t sworn to secrecy, or anything dramatic), but suffice to say serial narcotic-seeking will eventually get the wrong kind of attention.
I was just glad they weren’t interested in me.