Per our Australasian colleagues:
The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine has reported the first case of a leech being safely removed from a human eye.
A 66-year-old woman from Sydney’s north was gardening in March last year when she flicked soil into her left eye.
Doctors at the Hospital removed the leech from beneath her upper eyelid using a 3 per cent saline solution.
Read the very short article to get the story. Try not to think about a leech being stuck to your own eye.
Now you know. Also, try not to think about having a leech stuck to your own eye.